Jan 15, 2013

Resolutions

 

I know New Years resolutions are super cliché.
The thing is, when I hear everyone making them, it instantly gets me thinking. So, this is what I'm really going to try and focus on at the moment.


  • I'm going to try and reduce my reliance on Alcohol to get me through social situations, even if that makes me suddenly appear a lot more shy.
  • I'm going to stop joking about my physical imperfections, and I'm not going to tolerate jokes in that direction toward me from others anymore either...and I'll make sure I show them the same respect in return. I won't get in a fight about it, I'll just make it clear that it's not appropriate and change the subject. Particularly breast size and weight. I'm so sick of being picked on for being little in every way. If I called someone fat it would be an outrage, and it makes me feel like less of a woman when people say I look like a twelve year old.
  • I'm going to make an effort to talk to people that I haven't really spoken to before now. There are a lot of people at uni that I see all of the time and am always just way too timid to say anything of quality to, and that needs more effort on my part.
  • I'm going to work freaking hard on my marks this year and not let other things get in the way.

That's pretty much it for now.

Also, how have I been.....I might as well write a quick update. I have been sick as a dog, but pretty happy. A little stressed about money. A little over a few things. Very keen for the changes I've got in store in the near future. Pretty lonely. I want to settle down this year.....but yeah, mostly good.

I got to spend the last week away with my extended family and it made me incredibly happy. I loved teaching the girls what I know about art, and listening to my cousins as they go through the challenges of growing up and being a teenager, and watching them develop all of this amazing talent and thinking that I can learn as much from them as they can from me.

And as much as the screaming and running around every morning at 8am was exhausting, it was great hanging out with the littler kids as well. They are a lot of fun and their energy is infectious.

The adults were great to chill with too, but I was pretty quiet this week in terms of partying up. Next time I'll be much more into the party games! Playing music was so much fun as well, it's just been a good week all around. I even went surfing a couple of days ago, and I can actually surf! I surprised myself :) 

Also I found out last night that I said some stuff at a party in Anglesea a bit back that I had absolutely no memory of, and I was completely mortified! I need to learn to shut my mouth and drink less, my gosh. I'm very embarrassed and hope it wasn't heard by too many people. Talented knows what I'm talking about here.

What else.....well....spending time with a few new people has given me a lot of clarity on certain behaviours I've allowed myself to fall into over the years. I'm throwing away my lighter as well this year, unless it's for fire twirling or lighting camp fires! I need to look after my body better. My brain is a gift that I'd rather not destroy.

So, lots of mixed things have happened in the past few months, and I've made a few slip-ups along the way, but the end result is that I have things I'm really working towards now, and those things are steps in a really good direction. Away from the wrong crowd of people, away from little petty things, etc. I'm rambling now. Just read the resolutions part I guess. Bye for now :)

No comments: