Jul 10, 2011

What a perfect rest


Well, the holidays are officially drawing to a close. There is one day left before the start of Trimester two, and I have to say these have been some of the nicest days in a very long time. I actually got nearly everything done that I'd wanted done with few exceptions; forged some fantastic friendships; learned a whole lot more on guitar and really enjoyed myself in general.

It had nightclubs, it had new friends at work, great parties, just so much. To top it off, tonight I had an impromptu movie night here with a couple of good friends and then spent a good few hours alone on guitar - a rare moment of solitude in this house which was definitely very welcome! And for those wondering......I miraculously passed my subjects, and ended up with decent marks too. I certainly wasn't expecting that, after the things I'd been through causing so many distractions. What a wonderful surprise.

I've found that if I ever want to learn something on guitar (aside from turning to friends and occasionally family for advice), this website is indispensable: http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/
For ukulele, http://www.ukulele-tabs.com/ is fantastic. I hope that you get to enjoy these sites as much as I do on a regular basis.

The only real things not yet crossed off my list are more drawing and *scene deleted*. The drawings may yet come along if the new trimester permits. As for the rest, we shall see. There is definitely someone on my mind, but small steps can't hurt. There is a level of freedom in things for now that I can remain content in momentarily. I'm seeing a few others slowly fall for each other as well, which is always a warming observation. Life is good. I hope the past few weeks have been this good for others as well.

This is pretty much how I feel right now.


No comments: