Apr 10, 2011

How to tell if you really, really love your pets

So I have a dog. I think I have a dog. It is vaguely squirrel-shaped, but it barks like a dog and does mostly dog-like things. Plus, I'm pretty sure there are no squirrels around here.

Because I'm a complete sucker and also a little lonely at times, said dog sleeps next to me on my double bed.

If any of you are particularily light sleepers and have sleep patterns that are moderately affected by routine or anxiety, you may have experienced this:


It starts off just like any other night. You have finally dozed off and are in that semi-aware, super-relaxed state-of-mind that precedes a blissful night of slumber.


You begin to relax and cozy into your familiar bed-time surroundings as you fall deeper and deeper into sleep.


And then...






I cannot even begin to count the amount of times that I have done this.

No comments: